An extremely brief update today, I’ll be starting full-time work on the first Toryansé short next week so I thought I’d share the schedule I’m aiming at…
As part of my grant application I submitted the following list of development milestones leading up to completion of the project:
- 3rd Oct. – Project Start
- 7th Oct. – Design Locked: Story/Puzzle Dependency Chart finished
- 7th Nov. – Environment Blocked: Environment blocked in with temp. geometry, walkable areas defined and navigable with character stand-in, cameras placed.
- 21st Nov. – Character Locked: Character design, modelling and walk animation finished, nav-agent set up in environment.
- 19th Dec. – Environment Locked: Environment geometry detailed and lit.
- 9th Jan. – Audio Locked: Spot FX and ambiance/music finished and implemented.
- 20th Jan. – Game Locked: UI and menus implemented, environmental interactions finalized, testing.
- 31st Jan. – Final Delivery: Final testing, bug fixing and delivery.
Not really a schedule for work, all these jobs are going to overlap a lot, but at each of these points I’ll pop my head up and share a bit about how I’m getting on. That’ll maybe take the form of a quick little blog or, if I’ve been working on something interesting, a tutorial or process post.
I’ll regularly be sharing screenshots and ramblings on Twitter, Tumblr and Facebook as development progresses. If you just want to hear about the big stuff, release dates etc. you can sign up to the Arcto Games Tinyletter.